- Length & Width: 3.12 inch (79.2mm)
- Thickness: .39 in (9.8mm)
- Volume: 3.8 in3 (62.2 cm3)
- Weight: 2.6 oz (73.7 gm)
Input Voltages and Thresholds
- Input voltage range: -0.9V to 6V
- Works with 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V, and 5V systems
- Threshold Setting 1 (for 1.8V to 3.6V)
- Input Low Voltage: <= .7V
- Input High Voltage: >= 1.4V
- Threshold Setting 2 (for 5V)
- Input Low Voltage: <= 1.4V
- Input High Voltage: >= 3.6V
- Over-voltage protection to +/- 50V. Not meant for continuous operation outside -0.9V to 6V.
- ESD protected per CE requirements
- 180Kohm || 7pF (typical, approximate)
Maximum Input Bandwidth
- 25MHz square wave
- Tolerant of simultaneous switching on up to 8 channels at all voltages.
- Note that unused inputs may exhibit crosstalk if left floating. If desired, unused inputs can be disabled.
- Pulse-width measurement: +/- 10ns @ 100MHz, +/- 20ns @ 50MHz, +/- 40ns @ 25MHz, +/- 80ns @ 12.5MHz
Maximum Sample Rates
- 100MHz when using 2 channels, 50MHz when using 4 channels, 25MHz when using 8 channels, and 12.5MHz when using 16 channels. Note that achieving the highest sample rates requires low USB latency; this may not be achievable on all computers. Performance may improve with the removal of other USB devices, using a different USB host controller, or increasing the software's process priority.
Available Sampling Rates
- 100MHz, 80MHz, 50MHz, 40Mhz, 32MHz, 25MHz, 16MHz, 12.5MHz, 10MHz, 8MHz, 6MHz, 5MHz, 4MHz, 2MHz, 1MHz, 500KHz
- Up to 10B samples. Absolute maximum depends on data compressibility, available RAM and operating system. 10B samples assumes reasonably high compressibility.
- Automated testing against long pseudo-random waveforms at 1MHz and 25MHz, run at 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and 5V.
- Windows XP (32-bit)
- Windows Vista (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger or higher
- Linux: recent Ubuntu, Fedora, or openSUSE. Other distributions are likely to work but not specifically supported.
- USB 2.0
What's in the Box
- Logic16 (fully tested)
- x2 1x9 Ultra-Flexible Test Lead Set
- x18 Micro Hook Clips
- USB Cable (1.8M length, A to mini-B)
- Custom Carrying Case
- Software not included download here
- Custom CNC machined aluminum enclosure
- 2-part elastomer injection molded bottom cover
- 4-layer PCB, professionally designed, laid out, and design reviewed
- 1x18 male IDE .1 in pitch (aperture size: .110 in x 1.840 in; .030in radiused corners)
- USB Mini-B
- 95 mA Idle (from USB, typical)
- 115 mA Sampling (from USB, typical)
- RoHS Compliant
- CE Certified
- Extra 1x9 wire bundles
- Extra x9 pack of test clips
- 1x9 to 1x9 IDE cable
- 1x9 IDE to individual wires cable
Safety & Equipment Protection
- For more detail, please see the section Safety & Equipment Protection near the end if the User's Guide
- Logic16 may not be used with DUTs (devices under test) which are not electrically isolated from MAINS (i.e. wall power).
- DUTs which are battery powered, or USB powered (from the same computer as Logic16) are acceptable.
- DUTs powered by AC adapters which have only 2 prongs, and do not have an earth ground connection (such as most "wall warts"), usually provide MAINS isolated power and are acceptable.
- When using USB powered DUTs, special care should be taken to avoid connecting USB sourced power to Logic16's ground, as this provides a short-circuit return path. While both Logic16 and USB ports are designed to survive a short circuit event, care should be taken to minimize its likelihood.